The Color of Night
Dr. Gideon, M.E.
Eccentric Medical Examiner.
Name: Dr. Elijah Gideon, M.E.
Concept: Retired(?) Monster Hunter
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4
Skills: Driving d4, Faith d10, Guts d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (1st World Politics) d4, Knowledge (Arcana) d4, Knowledge (Forensic Science) d8, Knowledge (Occult) d10, Notice d6, Shooting d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 4; Parry: 2; Toughness: 6 (2); Sanity: 6/7
- Habit (Major): Chronic Drinker; Charisma –1; Fatigue rolls every 24 hrs. when deprived.
- Lame: –2 Pace and running die is a d4
- Vow (Major): A member of Anathemata Curialis
- Arcane Background (Miracles): Allows access to Arcane Background (Miracles)
- Exorcist: +4 to Opposed Rolls vs. supernatural evil
- Holy/Unholy Warrior: As an action may call upon his chosen deity to repulse supernaturally evil creatures, such as the undead, demons, and the like. It also works on evil characters with the Arcane Background (Miracles) Edge. Repulsing evil costs 1 Power Point and has a range of the character’s Spirit. Targeted creatures within that range must make a Spirit roll. Failure means the creature is Shaken; a 1 means it is destroyed. Wild Cards suffer an automatic Wound instead.
- Linguist: Begin play with a number of languages equal to Smarts; Smarts –2 to be understood in any language heard for a week. Languages: English, Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian, Dutch, German, Polish, Russian.
- Marksman: Aim maneuver (+2 Shooting) if hero does not move
- Monster Hunter: Immune to fear checks from demons
- One of the Chosen (Offensive): +1 attack vs. supernatural evil
- Relentless: Can take one action at –2 while Shaken
Banish Entity: Power Points: Special, Range: Smarts, Duration: Instant
Consecrate Ground: Power Points: 3, Range: Large Burst Template, Duration: 1 minute (1/minute)
Power Points: 10
Candle (Provides light in 2” radius) x5
Blessed Chainsaw (2d6+4, A natural 1 on the Fighting die (regardless of the Wild Die) hits the user instead) + 2 to hit and damage vs supernatural creatures.
Flak Jacket (+ 2, Covers torso)
Flamethrower (Range Cone Template, 2d10, Cone, Ignores Armor)
Flashlight (10” beam)
Flask (ceramic) contains 10 oz of Glenfiddich 15 yr old single malt scotch whiskey
Holy Water, Grenade (Range 5/10/20**, Special, RoF —, Shots 1, Small Burst Template; see notes) x2
Oil (For lantern; 1 pint)
SUV (Acc/TS 20/40, Toughness 14 (3), Crew 1+7, Luxury features; 4WD)
Wooden Stake (Str+d4) x 10
Talisman of St. Hubert (As Talisman of Protection, HC50) Grants the user + 2 Toughness versus direct attacks from supernaturally evil creatures, their powers, and spells.)
UV Grenade (Range 5/10/20**, Special, RoF —, Medium Burst Template)
Winchester ‘76 (.45-.47) (Range 24/48/96, 2d8, Shots 15, AP 2)
50 rounds for Winchester
Key for Bus Terminal locker J117*
Walks with a serious limp and a cane. Right knee destroyed by werewolf.
First Appearance: 5 Days until Christmas (Part I)