The Color of Night
A fetch minion of Coyote attached to Frank Pleyel.
Agility d8, Smarts d6(A), Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Fighting d6, Notice d10, Stealth d6 Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
• Bite: Str+d6 vs ethereals only.
• Dire Warning: When a fetch detects an invisible or ethereal foe within about 20 yards (10” on the table-top), its host gains a vague sense of the enemy’s location as well. He may attack it at –2 (assuming he has no way of seeing the thing himself), but still can only harm it if he has a magical attack of some sort.
• Ethereal: Invisible and immune to normal damage. Magic items, weapons, and supernatural powers affect them normally (including attacks from other ethereals).
• See Invisible: A fetch can see invisible creatures, whether they are flesh or ethereal.
• Size (–1): Dogs are small creatures.
Fetches are spiritual companions to mortals who can detect spirits and other ethereal beings. Traditionally, only people born on a Saturday could have a fetch dog, but this may vary depending on the setting and your particular lore. In a game setting, fetches are probably better suited to be gifts from powerful friendly entities. The “owner” of a fetch cannot communicate with it—the thing simply stays by its companion at all times, protecting its master from evil to the best of its ability. It cannot affect the physical world in any way. Fetches are invisible, but occasionally—at the Game Master’s discretion—mortals might catch a glimpse of the creature.