The Color of Night
Heartless assassins constructed of shadow
Creations of the Liber Pupa Obscurus, shadow puppets are created by and serve the current owner of the grimoire.
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Fighting d8, Notice d8, Stealth d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8
- Construct: + 2 to recover from being Shaken; No additional damage from called shots; Piercing attacks do half-damage; Immune to poison and disease.
- Ethereal: Shadow puppets are immune to normal weapons. Magic items, weapons, and supernatural powers affect them normally.
- Shadow Mimicry: A shadow puppet can hide inside a normal shadow, or disguise itself to look like a natural shadow. In any circumstance where there is a shadow, the puppet gains + 4 to Stealth rolls.
- Telekinesis: A shadow puppet can use the telekinesis power to wield weapons only. It has 30 Power Points and uses Spirit as its arcane skill.
- Two Dimensional: Shadow puppets can fit through minute cracks. Unless a room has been designed to be airtight, assume a shadow beast can always gain ingress.
- Weakness (Darkness): A shadow cannot exist if there is no light. A shadow puppet in an area of total blackness (the template of the obscure power counts) is automatically Shaken and cannot recover until the darkness is lifted.
- Weakness (Light): Shadow puppets have an aversion to strong light. Each round they spend in daylight causes 2d10 damage. A flashlight can be used as a weapon (Range 10”, requires a Shooting roll) and causes 2d6 damage.
First Appearance: Wicked Shades