The Color of Night
These are supplemental to those found in Savage Worlds Deluxe and The Savage Worlds Horror Companion and supersede them where noted or appropriate.
- Shaken – At the beginning of their action, a Shaken character makes a Spirit roll to recover. On a failure, he remains Shaken. On a success, the character removes their Shaken condition and may take their action normally.
The change to Shaken necessitates an amendment to the Relentless Edge from the Savage Worlds Horror Companion:
Requirements: Novice, Spirit d8+
Your slayer is truly driven to defeat evil. He must seek it out wherever he suspects it lies, and brooks no interference from those he thinks bar his way. In exchange for this dogged determination and unflinching dedication to the chase, Relentless characters may take a single action at –2 to any Trait roll while Shaken.
- Guts – yeah, we’re using it instead of a Spirit roll for Fear checks, better buy it
- Wealth – I’d buy that for a dollar from Sharkbytes Volume 1, No. 1, pages 53-54
- Alternate Psi – Beyond the Veil and Its a paranormal world after all. In most circumstances, these rules will supersede those in the core rule book.
- Ritual Magic – SharkBytes Volume 1, No. 2, pages 65-67 (this is an alternate system of magic from what is presented under Rituals pages 26-27 in the Horror Companion) We will be using both systems depending on circumstances and the GM’s Whim.
- Familiars – Shark Nibbles #1, page 14
- Making Items – See the Enchanting Items Wiki page.
- Backlash – per Horror Companion, pg 20
- Sanity – per Horror Companion, pages 22-24
Gone are the old days of a shared drive with a funky login! Look at the Player Secrets section of this page and you’ll see a link to our dropbox. In it you’ll find all manner of things in PDF format!
(If you can’t see the secrets section, let me know asap!)
- The CDM